- House Republicans issue scathing report criticizing Biden's Afghanistan withdrawalat 11:03 pm
At the height of the United States' withdrawal from Afghanistan there were only 36 State Department officials on the ground at the Kabul airport to process Afghans who were trying […]
- 18 children among dozens killed in Egypt church fireat 10:27 pm
At least 18 children were among the dozens of people known to have died after a fire broke out at a church in Giza in greater Cairo on Sunday, according to hospital documents seen […]
- Five Americans among injured in Jerusalem shooting attackat 9:14 pm
At least eight people, including five Americans, were wounded in a shooting attack targeting a bus near the Western Wall in Jerusalem's Old City early Sunday morning.
- More than 2,000 California mental health clinicians set to strikeat 9:01 pm
Thousands of mental health therapists at the country's largest non-profit HMO are poised to strike this week, holding daily picket lines and rallies outside Kaiser Facilities […]
- Man fatally shoots self after crashing car into barricade near US Capitol Buildingat 8:12 pm
A man shot and killed himself after driving into a vehicle barricade near the US Capitol Building early Sunday morning, US Capitol Police said.
- Gilad Shalit Abduction Fast Factsat 7:59 pm
Read CNN's Fast Facts about Gilad Shalit and learn more about the Israeli soldier abducted and imprisoned by the military wing of Hamas from 2006 to 2011.
- Mar-a-Lago -- and its owner -- have long caused concerns for US intelligenceat 7:57 pm
Revealing an airstrike over "beautiful" chocolate cake. A trespasser from China carrying flash drives and electronics. Cellphone photos of the "nuclear football" briefcase. And […]
- Kim Yo Jong Fast Factsat 7:51 pm
View North Korean government official Kim Yo Jong Fast Facts at CNN and learn about the sister of Kim Jong Un, leader of North Korea.
- More than 100,000 people in Michigan remain under a boil water advisory after a main leakat 7:13 pm
An estimated 935,000 people in the Greater Detroit area were put under a boil water advisory on Saturday after a leak was discovered in a 120-inch water transmission main that […]
- Black entertainment mogul calls for more inclusion in news and mediaat 6:57 pm
Byron Allen began his career as a standup comic and is now a media tycoon who owns dozens of outlets including the Weather Channel. He has recently added another network to his […]
- Anne Heche's son mourns mother: 'We have lost a bright light'at 6:26 pm
Anne Heche's son paid tribute to his mother Friday, saying the family had lost "a kind and most joyful soul, a loving mother, and a loyal friend."
- 1 person is dead and 17 injured after a car drove through a crowd at a Pennsylvania community eventat 6:11 pm
A man in Pennsylvania was arrested on suspicion of driving his car into a crowd of people Saturday evening, killing one person and injuring 17 others before killing a woman in a […]
- Salman Rushdie's 'road to recovery has begun,' author's agent says, as stabbing suspect pleads not guiltyat 5:34 pm
The renowned author Salman Rushdie has been taken off a ventilator and continues to recover after being repeatedly stabbed during an on-stage attack in western New York on Friday […]
- Weapon in deadly 'Rust' film set shooting could not be fired without pulling the trigger, FBI forensic testing findsat 5:21 pm
FBI testing of the gun used in the fatal shooting on the movie set of "Rust" found that the weapon handled by actor Alec Baldwin could not be fired without pulling the trigger […]
- The same Joe Biden suddenly looks differentat 4:48 pm
Joe Biden is no more or less capable a president than he was two months ago. His staff is no more or less competent.
- Norway euthanizes beloved 1,300-pound walrus named Freyaat 4:46 pm
The Norwegian government euthanized its celebrity walrus Freya on early Sunday morning, after warning the public to stay away from her.
- Responding to FBI search, Trump and allies return to his familiar strategy: flood the zone with nonsenseat 4:24 pm
In response to the FBI search of former President Donald Trump's home in Florida on Monday, Trump and his allies in Congress and right-wing media have returned to his preferred […]
- New US intelligence assessment finds al Qaeda 'has not reconstituted its presence in Afghanistan'at 4:00 pm
A new US intelligence assessment prepared after the US killed al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri in a drone strike earlier this month found that the terrorist group "has not […]
- House Democratic chairs request federal intelligence damage assessment after classified docs seized at Trump's Mar-a-Lagoat 3:55 pm
The Democratic chairs of the House Intelligence and Oversight Committees have asked federal intelligence leadership for a congressional briefing and damage assessment after the […]
- Joe Biden got the vibe shift he needed. Now he's looking to make it count.at 3:55 pm
Pete Buttigieg wasn't quite feeling it.
- Who owns your credit score? Not youat 3:25 pm
The data is often wrong, especially post-Covid, and it is being used now more than ever before by a host of industries that go way beyond banks.
- Suspect in Salman Rushdie attack pleads not guilty to second-degree attempted murder and assault charges, attorney saysat 2:45 pm
The man suspected of stabbing renowned author Salman Rushdie in western New York pleaded not guilty Saturday to attempted murder in the second degree and other charges, his […]
- 7 million people are under flood watches while 7 million face extreme heat alertsat 2:40 pm
A flood watch is in place from Arizona to Wyoming, covering more than 7 million people, with afternoon and evening rain and thunderstorms expected in much of the Southwest on […]
- Why Liz Cheney is likely on her way to a major defeatat 2:32 pm
Former President Donald Trump left office over a year and a half ago, and yet he is still dominating the news. Whether it be the FBI searching Mar-a-Lago or the Republican […]
- A second US congressional delegation visits Taiwanat 2:28 pm
A US congressional delegation led by Massachusetts Democratic Sen. Ed Markey has arrived in Taipei on an unannounced two-day visit, the second US congressional delegation to […]
- Kobe Bryant crash scene photos were shared during awards ceremony cocktail hour, witness testifiesat 2:18 pm
Photos taken at the scene of the fatal helicopter crash that killed NBA legend Kobe Bryant, his daughter and seven others were shared by a Los Angeles County firefighter during […]
- Liz Truss is a political shape shifter. Now she's set for her toughest transformation yet as Britain's likely next prime ministerat 2:16 pm
The person most likely to replace Boris Johnson as leader of Britain's governing Conservative Party and Prime Minister of the UK is a political chameleon who has gone from radical […]
- 'Tales of the Walking Dead' doesn't do much more than kill timeat 2:05 pm
The latest extension of "The Walking Dead" "universe," if you can really call it that, "Tales of the Walking Dead" possesses the chance to explore and play with this […]