- CNN fires Chris Cuomoat 11:05 pm
CNN said Saturday that anchor Chris Cuomo has been "terminated" by the network, "effective immediately." The announcement came after an outside law firm was retained to review […]
- US intelligence estimates Russian troop levels on Ukraine border could reach 175,000at 10:55 pm
New US intelligence findings estimate Russia could begin a military offensive in Ukraine in a matter of months as it amasses up to 175,000 troops along the border, a startling […]
- Former Netflix engineer and accomplice sentenced to prison for insider tradingat 10:46 pm
A former Netflix software engineer and his best friend were sentenced Friday for securities fraud, the US Attorney's Office in the Western District of Washington announced.
- Seattle has reached a $3.5 million settlement in the fatal police shooting of pregnant mother of fourat 10:27 pm
The city of Seattle has agreed to pay $3.5 million to settle a wrongful-death lawsuit filed on behalf of the family of Charleena Lyles, a pregnant mother of four who was shot and […]
- Two teens were killed and another teen and an infant injured in a Memphis gas station shootingat 10:27 pm
Two teenagers were fatally shot and another teen and an infant were injured in a gas station shooting Friday night in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Parents of Michigan school shooting suspect held on $500,000 bond each after manhuntat 10:13 pm
The parents of the teen accused in this week's deadly Michigan high school shooting were arrested early Saturday in Detroit, authorities said, ending an hourslong search for them […]
- Army Col. Edward Shames, the last remaining member of World War II's 'Band of Brothers,' dies at 99at 10:04 pm
Col. Edward Shames, the last surviving officer of the historic World War II parachute infantry regiment of the US Army known as Easy Company, died Friday at the age of 99.
- Michigan school shooting suspect's parents plead not guiltyat 10:01 pm
The parents of Michigan school shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley have been arrested after a manhunt. They pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter charges during an […]
- Justice Department charges 2 men alleged to have marched with Proud Boys on January 6 and led charge at US Capitolat 9:33 pm
Federal prosecutors have accused two men of having ties to a Proud Boys leader and being among the first to breach the police line near the US Capitol on January 6.
- For this American family, the Iran nuclear talks are personalat 9:13 pm
Emad Shargi's daughter says her dad has always been stoic during his ordeal as an American citizen unjustly held in an Iranian prison. But recently, she heard something different.
- Henry Winkler is auctioning off his Fonz jacket and more 'Happy Days' memorabiliaat 9:13 pm
Aaay! Who wants the Fonz's leather jacket?
- Goldman Sachs cuts US GDP growth forecast for 2022 over Omicron fearsat 8:40 pm
Goldman Sachs on Saturday cut its outlook for U.S. economic growth to 3.8% for 2022, citing risks and uncertainty around the emergence of the Omicron variant of the coronavirus.
- Nobody seems to know what's going on with the economyat 8:32 pm
If you're confused by the US economy, which simultaneously shows signs of strength and cause for concern, you're not alone. The November jobs report may have been disappointing to […]
- One person is dead after an accidental shooting at a 911 dispatch center in Kentuckyat 7:59 pm
A 911 dispatcher in Kentucky died after a gun was accidentally discharged at a dispatch center on Friday.
- A plumber found cash and checks stashed in a wall at Joel Osteen's Houston mega-churchat 7:44 pm
A plumber doing repair work at pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church found hundreds of envelopes of cash and checks hidden in a wall that police think is connected to a massive […]
- Anger simmers over Omicron travel bans in southern Africaat 7:40 pm
African leaders are hitting back against travel bans imposed over the Omicron variant, accusing wealthy countries of being hypocrites for delivering new restrictions instead of […]
- Biden administration still seeking return to compliance with original Iran nuclear deal while preparing for world without itat 7:26 pm
The Biden administration is still seeking a return to mutual compliance to the 2015 nuclear deal with Iran but is "preparing for a world in which there is no return" to the […]
- Travel restrictions by country following the Omicron variant outbreakat 7:24 pm
Just as many countries around the world were beginning to loosen their border restrictions, reports of a newly detected coronavirus variant in South Africa sent many of those […]
- South Africa Covid-19 cases have nearly quadrupled since Tuesday, with Omicron fueling the surgeat 7:17 pm
South Africa's Covid-19 cases have nearly quadrupled in the last four days, underscoring concerns around how contagious the new coronavirus Omicron variant might be as the country […]
- Texas police officer 'hero' shot to death while responding to disturbanceat 7:13 pm
A police officer has died from gunshot wounds he sustained while responding to a disturbance in Mesquite, Texas, authorities said.
- A rare sea turtle and seal pups have washed up on UK beaches after a stormat 7:10 pm
A rare sea turtle and dozens of seal pups have been washed onto the UK's beaches after the country was hit by Storm Arwen last week that brought strong winds and the deaths of […]
- If the Supreme Court curtails abortion rights it could flip the script on the 2022 midterm electionsat 6:39 pm
With the looming possibility of the Supreme Court gutting Roe v. Wade, the future of reproductive rights in America is poised to become a central and potentially defining issue in […]
- Authorities look for motive with 15-year-old Michigan high school shooting suspect in custody. Here's what we knowat 6:31 pm
School bells were replaced by police sirens Tuesday after a shooting at Michigan's Oxford High School left three students dead, officials said.
- The shooter 'methodically and deliberately' fired at students. A timeline of a school shooting tragedyat 6:27 pm
Zander Cumbey had walked into his afternoon high school classroom when he heard screaming outside in the hallway.
- Omicron variant cases identified in at least 12 states but Delta still dominatesat 6:05 pm
While at least 12 states have identified cases of the Omicron coronavairus variant, US health officials remain concerned about the Delta version that accounts for practically all […]
- Thousands flee as Indonesia's Mount Semeru volcano eruptsat 6:00 pm
Mount Semeru, a volcano on Indonesia's East Java Province, erupted on Saturday, spewing a column of smoke and ash while displacing thousands from the area, authorities said.
- Police shoot and kill a knife-wielding suspect at a Florida university, authorities sayat 5:54 pm
Police fatally shot a man wielding a knife inside a Florida university residence hall Friday night, authorities said.
- Tiny living Pac-Man robots have learned how to reproduceat 5:12 pm
This week, meet the curious living robots that can reproduce, spy wildlife at its best, experience an eight-hour year on an exoplanet, learn why it's raining in one of the coldest […]