- More than 130 killed in Indonesia soccer stadium stampedeat 1:31 pm
- Despite faceplant, Ethiopia's Yalemzerf Yehualaw becomes youngest ever London Marathon winnerat 1:24 pm
With six miles left, Yalemzerf Yehualaw's race seemed to have been ruined after the Ethiopian was left sprawled on the road after stumbling over a speed bump.
- Hurricane Orlene strengthens into Category 4 storm as it heads toward western Mexicoat 1:16 pm
Rapidly intensifying Category 4 Hurricane Orlene is approaching western Mexico, where it's expected to cause life-threatening flooding, according to the National Hurricane Center.
- Start your week smart: Soccer stadium tragedy, Hurricane Ian, Brazil, Ukraine, Trumpat 12:52 pm
Here's what you need to know to Start Your Week Smart.
- Ian recovery efforts continue in Florida and the Carolinasat 12:29 pm
Residents of Florida and the Carolinas are picking up the pieces after Ian left a path of destruction in its wake. Follow here for live news updates.
- Russia's war in Ukraineat 12:26 pm
Russian troops withdrew from the key Donetsk town of Lyman, just one day after Russian President Vladimir Putin declared the annexations of four regions — including Donetsk — […]
- Brazilians vote in contentious election plagued by violence and fearat 12:25 pm
Polls opened in Brazil on Sunday in a presidential election marred by an unprecedented climate of tension and violence.
- 'Interview with the Vampire' has an undying legacy. Look inside its TV rebirthat 12:24 pm
Louis, Lestat and Claudia are back in AMC's "Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire" series. Writer and executive producer Rolin Jones and production designer Mara LePere-Schloop […]
- Wages are the most important number to watch in the jobs reportat 12:23 pm
Investors, economists and members of the Federal Reserve will be poring over the September jobs report on Friday morning for clues about the health of the economy. But one figure […]
- Opinion: A piece of paradise lostat 12:19 pm
In Florida, a warm climate, expansive coastline and low taxes helped a long-term boom. As Hurricane Ian carved an awful path of destruction through the center of the state last […]
- Death toll rises to 67 in Florida after Hurricane Ian rendered some communities 'unrecognizable,' officials sayat 12:17 pm
Days after Hurricane Ian slammed into Florida, shell-shocked residents are still assessing the damage left behind by record-high storm surge, damaging winds and catastrophic […]
- How Buffalo is ensuring the Black community isn't left behind after mass supermarket shootingat 12:02 pm
The day after Buffalo experienced the largest mass shooting in its history, teams of emergency volunteers and mental health counselors arrived on the scene, offering emotional […]
- UK PM Liz Truss admits mistakes on controversial tax cuts plan, but doubles down on it anywayat 11:39 am
British Prime Minister Liz Truss admitted mistakes had been made with her government's controversial "mini-budget" announced last week -- which sent the pound to historic lows and […]
- Football Australia 'strongly condemns' fans' 'anti-social behaviour'at 11:21 am
Football Australia said it will go through all the video footage and images at its disposal from Saturday night's Australia Cup final in Sydney after it was widely reported that […]
- Baseball great Alex Rodriguez reflects on steroid abuse, his past with J-Loat 11:01 am
On this week's episode of CNN and HBO Max's "Who's Talking to Chris Wallace?," Alex Rodriguez opens up about mistakes in his personal and professional life, and how they are […]
- London is stage for NFL's milestone 100th international gameat 10:12 am
The NFL returns to London on Sunday as the Minnesota Vikings (2-1) and New Orleans Saints (1-2) contest the first of five international slate of games scheduled this season.
- Instruction about race may be under siege across the US, but this course is empowering students at a Southern high schoolat 10:03 am
Ridge View is one of about 60 high schools across the country piloting AP African American Studies in 2022. The course arrives at a moment when instruction about race is under […]
- Chinese hacking group targeting US agencies and companies has surged its activity, analysis findsat 10:00 am
An elite Chinese hacking group with ties to operatives indicted by a US grand jury in 2020 has surged its activity this year, targeting sensitive data held by companies and […]
- Amazon is always watchingat 9:02 am
A TV that knows when you're in and out of the room. A gadget that monitors your breathing pattern while you sleep. An enhanced voice assistant tool that highlights just how much […]
- Russian forces retreat from strategic Donetsk city a day after Moscow's annexation of the regionat 8:45 am
Russian forces retreated from Lyman, a strategic city for its operations in the east, the Russian defense ministry said Saturday, just a day after Moscow's annexation of the […]
- Bosnians go to polls to choose between nationalists and reformistsat 8:10 am
Bosnians go to the polls on Sunday to choose the country's new collective presidency and lawmakers at national, regional and local levels, deciding between long-entrenched […]
- 'Saturday Night Live' gets a Manningcast for its season premiere episodeat 7:29 am
"Saturday Night Live" kicked off its 48th season on Saturday night with host Miles Teller as former NFL quarterback Peyton Manning and Andrew Dismukes as his brother, Eli.
- This 100% solar community endured Hurricane Ian with no loss of power and minimal damageat 7:03 am
Climate resiliency was built into the fabric of Babcock Ranch with stronger storms in mind, and Hurricane Ian was a major test.
- Putin has his back to the wall with the clock ticking ever louderat 6:13 am
Time is running out for Russian President Vladmir Putin, and he knows it.
- Colorado's state fish swims back from brink of extinctionat 6:02 am
The greenback cutthroat trout, Colorado's state fish, was declared extinct over 50 years ago. But last week officials found the first confirmation that the trout are once again […]
- Disney pulls its content from Dish and Sling TV over rate disagreementat 3:48 am
Disney has blocked its content from being shown on Dish TV and Sllng TV channels after the companies were unable to reach agreement over a contract extension.
- Florida governor defends the timing of Lee County officials' evacuation ahead of Hurricane Ianat 2:32 am
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said Lee County officials acted appropriately when they issued their first mandatory evacuations on Tuesday, less than 24 hours before Hurricane Ian made […]
- Tudor Dixon seeks a culture war in campaign against Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmerat 2:17 am
Tudor Dixon, the Republican taking on Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer in November's midterm election, is turning to tactics that have worked for other Republican winners in […]