- Biden receives his Covid-19 booster shot: Vaccines 'can save your life and ... can save the lives of those around you'at 6:17 pm
President Joe Biden received his Covid-19 vaccine booster shot on Monday afternoon at the White House just days after booster doses were approved by federal health officials.
- A dangerous new era of superpower confrontation was signaled this weekendat 6:15 pm
The swift release of two Canadians after a diplomatic deal ended a standoff over Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou, who faced extradition from Canada to the US, is a troubling sign of […]
- More than 300 people are involved in manhunt for a suspect after a Florida sheriff's deputy was shot during a traffic stopat 6:10 pm
More than 300 people are hunting for a suspect accused of shooting and killing a Florida sheriff's deputy during a traffic stop.
- New York faces a showdown this week over vaccine mandates in schools, courts and health careat 6:06 pm
Monday is the deadline for tens of thousands of New York workers to be vaccinated against Covid-19. Court orders, though, have thrown that deadline off for some.
- 5 reasons you should book your holiday travel nowat 6:00 pm
With an influx of travel expected over the holiday season, here are five reasons why you may want to book your travel now.
- Boston Fed chief announces early retirement after criticism over personal tradesat 5:55 pm
Eric Rosengren, the head of the Boston Federal Reserve, announced his early retirement Monday amid backlash about personal investing decisions that raised conflict-of-interest […]
- Germany's Social Democratic Party wins most seats in federal elections, preliminary official results showat 5:52 pm
Germany's left-leaning Social Democratic Party (SPD) has won the most seats in the country's federal election, preliminary results show, but it will be some time before the makeup […]
- Meet Olaf Scholz, the man who might replace Angela Merkel as Germany's next chancellorat 5:52 pm
The German Finance Minister has the best shot at forming a new government in Germany after leading his Social Democratic Party (SPD) to a narrow victory in Sunday's parliamentary […]
- Indian men's hockey team dedicates Olympic bronze medal to doctors, Covid-19 frontline 'warriors'at 5:51 pm
Amid the joy of the Indian men's hockey team ending its 41-year Olympic medal drought its players took time to reflect on the impact Covid-19 has had on the country over the last […]
- Biden gets Covid-19 booster shot on cameraat 5:49 pm
President Biden is set to get his Covid-19 booster shot this afternoon after the CDC recommended Pfizer boosters for older adults and other groups. Follow here for the latest news.
- Five key takeaways from Germany's historic electionat 5:46 pm
Germany's left-leaning Social Democratic Party (SPD) won the largest share of the vote in Sunday's federal election, putting them in pole position to form the country's next […]
- SPD narrowly wins German election against Merkel's CDU but uncertainty remains over next leaderat 5:46 pm
Germany's left-leaning Social Democratic Party (SPD) will begin negotiations to form a ruling coalition after preliminary results showed the party narrowly winning the largest […]
- We are almost out of hurricane names -- AGAIN. Here is what happens nextat 5:45 pm
It's that time in hurricane season when meteorologists like myself like to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
- Everything you need to keep calm this Mercury retrogradeat 5:45 pm
During this period of Mercury retrograde, which ends on Oct. 18, you'll probably hear a number of people carrying on about how everything is going wrong — and it's all because […]
- In the Elizabeth Holmes criminal case, her relationship with the media is also on trialat 5:43 pm
For a time, Elizabeth Holmes was a media darling. The college dropout who started her blood-testing company Theranos at 19 graced the cover of magazines such as Forbes, Fortune, […]
- Your wallet is on the line: Washington has to get this week rightat 5:23 pm
An epic week in Washington is underway: Congress is contending with budget reconciliation, an infrastructure plan and debt ceiling brinkmanship -- all at once! The outcome remains […]
- 26 indoor Halloween decorations you'll actually want to live withat 5:21 pm
Fear not: Halloween decor doesn't have to be all witches, skeletons and screaming bats. If you're looking for something a bit more sedate this fall, we've found all the things […]
- Afghanistan and Myanmar withdraw from UN speaker list amid credentials disputeat 5:18 pm
Afghanistan and Myanmar have withdrawn from their speaking slots at the United Nations General Assembly at the last minute, amid disputes over who should represent those […]
- Rep. Karen Bass announces bid for Los Angeles mayoral raceat 5:12 pm
California Democratic Rep. Karen Bass announced Monday that she's running for mayor of Los Angeles next year.
- Rare fossil of 25-million-year-old eagle that hunted koalas found in South Australiaat 5:09 pm
Scientists have confirmed the discovery of a nearly complete fossil of a 25-million-year-old eagle that once flew over South Australia and preyed on koalas -- an incredibly rare […]
- Senate Republicans expected to block bill to suspend debt limit and avert shutdown in key vote Mondayat 4:52 pm
The Senate is slated to take a procedural vote Monday at 5:30 p.m. ET on a House-passed bill to suspend the nation's debt limit and avert a government shutdown, but Senate […]
- Situation becoming 'dire' at US airbase in Germany housing Afghan refugeesat 4:47 pm
The task of accommodating 10,000 Afghan refugees, including pregnant women, is putting facilities at Ramstein airbase in Germany under tremendous strain as nighttime temperatures […]
- Donald Trump just kind-of endorsed Stacey Abrams for governorat 4:47 pm
Donald Trump really doesn't like Brian Kemp. Like, a lot.
- How this milk alternative wants to stand out from the crowdat 4:45 pm
Given the dizzying array of options in the dairy aisle of the grocery store these days, some may think that the last thing we need is another type of milk. Yogurt maker Danone […]
- French President Emmanuel Macron hit by egg thrown from crowd in Lyonat 4:44 pm
French President Emmanuel Macron was hit by an egg while taking part in a food event in Lyon on Monday.
- This hamster's cryptocurrency portfolio is beating the marketat 4:41 pm
A German hamster is beating investors at their own game.
- Justice Department agrees to drop release restrictions for Reagan shooter John Hinckley Jr.at 4:38 pm
The Justice Department reached a deal with John Hinckley Jr., who tried to assassinate President Ronald Reagan in 1981, to free him from the strict conditions of release that he's […]
- Cheryl Burke says she's tested positive for Covidat 4:30 pm
Cheryl Burke has tested positive with a breakthrough case of Covid-19, she revealed on Instagram.