- Desperate search for survivors as death toll nears 300 in India train crashat 7:10 am
Rescuers in India are scrambling to find survivors after a horrific crash involving three trains killed hundreds of people in one of the worst rail disasters the country has ever […]
- Feds announce 95 arrests in law enforcement operation targeting gang violence in Marylandat 7:00 am
The US Marshals Service announced 95 people were arrested -- including more than a dozen wanted for homicide -- during an operation in Maryland that targeted areas impacted by […]
- Natalee Holloway case suspect Joran van der Sloot is being moved to another Peruvian prison ahead of transfer to US, officials sayat 6:56 am
Joran van der Sloot, the prime suspect in the 2005 disappearance of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway, was being moved to a different prison in Peru early Saturday, officials said […]
- Two women stabbed to death in mall knife attack that has shocked Hong Kongat 6:00 am
Two women have been stabbed to death in a Hong Kong mall in a frenzied -- and apparently random -- attack that has shocked a city where violent crime is rare.
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine's secretive drone programat 4:33 am
Under the scorching summer sun at an undisclosed location in Ukraine, an almost invisible drone approaches in the distance. Difficult to spot, the remote-controlled aircraft is […]
- Germany braces for far-left protests after activists are jailed over attacks on neo-Nazisat 4:27 am
German police are preparing to mobilize in cities across the country on Saturday, with protests expected amid a mounting backlash after a court sent several left-wing militants to […]
- Support brace seen bending as brick façade began to crumble prior to Davenport building collapse, new surveillance video showsat 4:00 am
In the 10 minutes before a Davenport, Iowa, apartment building collapsed Sunday, new surveillance video obtained by CNN shows a support brace bending, with portions of the brick […]
- State Department sanctions former Haitian Prime Minister Lamothe for corruptionat 3:07 am
US Secretary of State Antony Blinken announced Friday the sanction of former Haitian Prime Minister Laurent Lamothe for the alleged misuse of tens of millions of dollars.
- Taiwan war would be 'devastating,' warns US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin as he criticizes China at Shangri-La security summitat 2:55 am
A war over Taiwan would be "devastating" and affect the global economy "in ways we cannot imagine," US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin has warned, as he underlined US support for […]
- More than 230 killed, 900 injured in three-train crash in Indiaat 2:42 am
More than 200 people have been killed and hundreds injured in a collision involving two passenger trains and a goods train in the Indian city of Balasore, in one of the worst rail […]
- Secret Service implements tougher penalties after probe finds agents were on phones and missed intruder at national security adviser's homeat 2:17 am
The US Secret Service implemented tougher disciplinary measures after preliminary findings from an internal investigation found agents missed an intruder at national security […]
- Cheerleader recalls being shot after friend opened the wrong car doorat 2:08 am
A Texas cheerleader who was shot and critically injured after another girl mistakenly opened the wrong car door says she was scared during the shooting but tried to stay calm for […]
- June 2, 2023 - Russia-Ukraine newsat 2:05 am
Russia carried out at least 62 airstrikes and 15 missile strikes in the last 24 hours, according to the Ukrainian military, while its forces rebuffed more than a dozen ground […]
- China's answer to Boeing and Airbus isn't as 'homegrown' as it seems. Here's whyat 1:27 am
China is claiming a historic win this week after its answer to Boeing and Airbus, the C919, took to the skies for its first commercial flight.
- Ukraine's cross-border tactics are aimed at destabilizing Russia. Judging by the response, they're workingat 1:25 am
Ukraine has opened a new front in its battle to drive out the Russian invader - in Russia. But it is oddly coy about admitting that it has sent troops, fired artillery, and flown […]
- 'I'm just tired of covering it up': Guilt drives man to confess to murder 15 years after killing, police sayat 1:07 am
Tony Peralta told New Mexico authorities his secret had been eating at him for more than a decade.
- Watchdog report cites multiple failures in Buffalo's response to blizzard that killed 31 peopleat 1:03 am
Government officials failed on multiple accounts during the 2022 Buffalo blizzard that left 31 people dead, according to a watchdog report published Friday that detailed a […]
- Biden addresses nation after Senate passes debt limit billat 1:01 am
President Joe Biden addressed the nation Friday evening on the heels of the passage of the debt limit bill that averted a US default. He said he will sign the bill into law on […]
- These may be the world's best warships. And they're not Americanat 12:56 am
It's a growing problem that has United States naval commanders scratching their heads: How to keep up with China's ever-expanding fleet of warships.
- Mexico police find 45 bags containing body parts 'matching characteristics' of missing call center staffat 12:48 am
Forty-five bags containing human remains with characteristics matching seven missing call center staff has been discovered in a ravine in a suburb of Guadalajara, according to the […]
- How Chick-fil-A became a target for going 'woke'at 12:45 am
Chick-fil-A has become a surprise target of right-wing ire following the discovery that the company has an executive overseeing its diversity, equity and inclusion policies.
- Biden addresses nation after avoiding catastrophic default: 'The stakes could not have been higher'at 12:38 am
President Joe Biden declared bipartisanship alive and well during his first ever Oval Office address on Friday, pointing to the compromise measure that raises the federal […]
- Prison documents reveal Jeffrey Epstein tried to reach out to Larry Nassar, gymnastics coach convicted of sexual abuseat 12:18 am
While he was imprisoned, disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein sent a letter to Larry Nassar, the former Olympic doctor who sexually abused girls for decades, new documents reveal.
- Texas governor signs ban on gender-affirming care for minorsat 11:55 pm
Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott on Friday signed into law a ban on gender-affirming care for most minors in the state, making Texas the largest state in the US to place […]
- Women's Champions League final: Pain of defeat 'motivating' Barcelona ahead of clash with Wolfsburgat 11:20 pm
The pain of defeat from last season's Women's Champions League final has lingered at Barcelona.
- Brad Pitt says in legal filing that Angelina Jolie 'vindictively' sold winery amid custody battleat 11:16 pm
Brad Pitt is not backing down from his legal fight against his ex-wife Angelina Jolie over a French winery they once owned together..
- Religious leader linked to Kenya starvation cult says court hearing is a 'matter of intimidation'at 10:51 pm
The leader of a Christian cult who has been accused of encouraging his followers to starve themselves appeared in court in Mombasa, Kenya on Friday, telling CNN afterwards that […]
- Churchill Downs to suspend all racing operations to further evaluate safety measures amid increase in horse deathsat 10:37 pm
The owner of Churchill Downs, the racetrack that hosts the Kentucky Derby, is set to temporarily suspend all racing operations at its legendary namesake track to review protocols […]