- Coinbase dives deeper into banking by letting users deposit paychecks into their accountsat 12:20 am
Coinbase is getting into payroll as part of an expansion into traditional financial services.
- Stock futures are flat as investors gauge a spike in bond yieldsat 12:17 am
On Monday, a rise in Treasury yields left the major averages mixed.
- Ford and SK Innovation to spend $11 billion, create 11,000 jobs on new U.S. EV and battery plantsat 12:13 am
The investment includes two lithium-ion battery plants in central Kentucky and a 3,600-acre campus in west Tennessee called Blue Oval City.
- 'Bridgerton' tops Netflix's list of most watched TV shows ever, while 'Extraction' leads among moviesat 12:12 am
Netflix released data Monday on its most-watched TV shows and movies.
- Senate GOP blocks bill that would fund government and suspend debt limit, as time runs short to avoid shutdown and defaultat 12:07 am
Democrats are scrambling to find a way to prevent a government shutdown and a default on U.S. debt.
- U.S., EU to discuss global trade and tech cooperation as they seek to counter Chinaat 11:57 pm
The urgency between the U.S. and European Union to cooperate on trade and tech broadcasts Western ambition to ante up for competition with China.
- R&B artist R. Kelly found guilty on all counts in sex trafficking and racketeering trialat 11:38 pm
R&B singer R. Kelly was found guilty Monday on all counts in a high-profile sex-trafficking case by a federal jury in Brooklyn.
- AMD CEO Lisa Su says chip shortage likely to end next yearat 11:18 pm
Manufacturing plants that were planned last year will likely start producing chips in the coming months, helping to alleviate shortages for PC parts.
- Fed officials say they see a pullback in their economic support even with inflation coolingat 11:03 pm
At least three Federal Reserve officials said Monday they are ready to pull back on stimulus even though they don't see a threat from inflation.
- Fed Chair Powell to warn Congress that inflation pressures could last longer than expectedat 10:27 pm
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell cautioned Washington legislators that the causes of the recent rise in inflation may last longer than anticipated.
- With Best Buy a ‘top idea’ at Piper Sandler, two traders share their three favorite retailersat 10:17 pm
Piper Sandler is betting big on Best Buy. But, it’s not the only retailer catching Wall Street’s eye.
- Apple's software update lets users create burner email addresses — here's how to do itat 10:10 pm
One of the handiest new features in Apple's iOS 15 software update is the ability to create a temporary email address called "Hide My Mail."
- Dallas Fed President Kaplan to retire early on Oct. 8, citing trading disclosure 'distraction'at 9:56 pm
Dallas Fed President Kaplan became the second regional central bank leader to resign Monday, saying he was stepping down after a controversy over stock trades.
- Bank of America: Carbon offset market may need to grow fiftyfold to meet 2050 net-zero emissions goalsat 9:53 pm
A new research note published by Bank of America says the carbon offset market may need to grow by 50 times to meet 2050 net-zero emissions goals.
- Biden receives Covid booster shot live on cameraat 8:43 pm
President Joe Biden received a Covid-19 booster shot Monday, in accordance with the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Treasury yields rise to start the week, 10-year yield tops 1.5%at 8:29 pm
U.S. Treasury yields rose on Monday, with investors looking ahead to scheduled appearances from Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell later in the week.
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Best Buy, Altice, Occidental, Moderna and moreat 8:11 pm
These are the stocks posting the largest moves in midday trading.
- Panic sellers during stock market dips are often married men with childrenat 8:01 pm
When markets dip, men who are over 45, or married with kids or have what they call investment experience are more likely to panic sell investments.
- Marvel Entertainment chairman, others accused of breaking law in Veterans Affairs scheme under Trumpat 7:54 pm
House Democrats accused three Donald Trump associates, including Marvel's chairman, of breaking the law in a plan to shape veterans' policies for their benefit.
- Wells Fargo pays $37 million to resolve Justice Department claims it defrauded currency customersat 7:30 pm
The settlement is the latest regulatory matter resolved under Wells Fargo CEO Charles Scharf.
- Home-flipping profits are shrinking, but here's where you can net the mostat 7:28 pm
Home flipping may be making a comeback, but returns are shrinking.
- Harvard Business School temporarily moves some MBA classes online to curb Covid outbreakat 6:58 pm
Harvard Business School moved all in-person classes for first-year MBA and some second-year students online this week to try to curb a recent Covid-19 surge.
- Jeff Bezos doubles time with Blue Origin to focus more on his space companyat 6:46 pm
Jeff Bezos has called Blue Origin his life's most important work — and the hours he is devoting to the space company are growing.
- Remote workers may want to check their 2021 tax situation. It could be more complicated than it was last yearat 6:10 pm
The pandemic-related reprieve for tax-filing obligations that some states offered for 2020 are going away, which means your 2021 return may be more complicated.
- Free health insurance for jobless workers ends this week. What you need to knowat 6:07 pm
The government's COBRA subsidy concludes this week. Here are people's options for getting new health insurance coverage.
- Dr. Scott Gottlieb sees vaccines for kids as a key to turning the tide in the Covid pandemicat 6:01 pm
"Once adults are able to vaccinate their kids, the anxiety about getting a breakthrough infection" will start to ease, the former FDA chief said.
- Beck Bennett, Lauren Holt depart 'SNL,' rest of cast returns for 47th seasonat 5:15 pm
Beck Bennett is departing "Saturday Night Live," but most cast members are returning for the show's 47th season.
- Facebook says it's pausing effort to build Instagram for kidsat 3:08 pm
Facebook's plan for Instagram for kids faced backlash from users and lawmakers.