- Amazon's post-Bezos experiment hasn't gone exactly as plannedat 4:24 am
Andy Jassy's tenure as Amazon CEO has been rocky and isn't getting any easier after the company's latest round of job cuts.
- To escape the rat race, this pair cycled 15,000 km along the route from Finland to Singaporeat 2:17 am
Valtteri Heinila and Alvari Poikola cycled for eight months through 21 countries. Heinila spoke to CNBC Travel about the joys and dangers of the trip.
- Dodge resurrects controversial Challenger SRT Demon for final year of V8 muscle carsat 1:00 am
The 2023 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon 170 will deliver 1,025 total horsepower, 945 foot-pounds of torque and reach 60 mph from a rolling start in 1.66 seconds.
- JPMorgan Chase can be sued by Virgin Islands over Jeffrey Epstein sex-trafficking claimsat 12:59 am
Jeffrey Epstein, whose former friends included Donald Trump and Bill Clinton, was a JPMorgan Chase client and owner of property in the Virgin Islands.
- World’s top climate scientists issue ‘survival guide for humanity,’ call for major course correctionat 12:57 am
The latest report from the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change provides world leaders with a gold-standard summation of modern climate science.
- Hedge-fund manager Nelson Peltz says the government should insure all bank deposits — for a priceat 12:55 am
Peltz's proposed plan comes after uninsured deposits contributed to the failure of Silicon Valley Bank.
- In San Francisco, some people wonder when A.I. will kill us allat 12:21 am
A sign at the Misalignment Museum apologizes, "Sorry for killing most of humanity." The museum is devoted to artificial general intelligence, or super smart AI.
- 25-year-old 'Shark Tank' contestant sold ice cream from a roadside tent—now he has a $200,000 deal with Barbara Corcoranat 11:30 pm
Jeremy Carlson sold ice cream from a tent while in college. Now, he has two Crispy Cones ice cream shops and a $200,000 "Shark Tank" deal with Barbara Corcoran.
- Biden signs legislation to declassify certain intelligence on Covid pandemic originsat 10:46 pm
Biden signed legislation requiring the declassification of information on any possible links between a lab in China and the origins of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- JPMorgan advising First Republic on strategic alternatives, including a capital raise, sources sayat 10:20 pm
JPMorgan Chase is advising embattled First Republic Bank on strategic alternatives, sources tell CNBC's David Faber.
- Amazon job cuts rise to 27,000, but it's still not enough to rightsize the companyat 9:24 pm
Amazon management has not gone far enough to reduce its bloated workforce and cut costs across the organization.
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: First Republic, UBS, Virgin Orbit, Dell and moreat 8:43 pm
First Republic fell sharply once again, while UBS popped after acquiring rival Credit Suisse.
- Republicans request Fed and FDIC oversight records for failed Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bankat 8:36 pm
- Virgin Orbit scrambles to avoid bankruptcy as deal talks continueat 8:13 pm
Virgin Orbit senior leadership held daily talks with potential investors through the weekend, people familiar with the matter told CNBC.
- First Republic continues tanking, but other regional banks are rallying on Mondayat 8:06 pm
S&P cut its credit rating on First Republic to B+ from BB+ on Sunday after first lowering it to junk status just last week.
- After an 8.7% Social Security cost-of-living adjustment for 2023, next year's increase may not be as largeat 8:01 pm
Older generations are spending more, thanks to a record Social Security cost-of-living adjustment for 2023. But benefits may not increase as much next year.
- Mortgage giant Fannie Mae tackles climate risk, but changes to underwriting may take several yearsat 7:46 pm
The mortgage industry is now trying to factor climate risk into its residential underwriting, but the task is enormous and complicated.
- What happens during a ‘credit crunch’ — and how you can prepare for oneat 7:18 pm
Banks will likely tighten lending after the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank, experts said. It may be harder or more costly to get a loan.
- French government narrowly survives no-confidence vote amid backlash over pension changesat 6:53 pm
The government of French President Emmanuel Macron narrowly survived a no-confidence vote Monday evening.
- FDA staff says Biogen's ALS drug may have a 'clinical benefit' on a rare form of the diseaseat 6:53 pm
The FDA staff on Monday said Biogen's investigational ALS drug tofersen may have a "clinical benefit" on a rare and aggressive form of the disease.
- Key banking crisis lesson: 'The first line of defense should always be cash,' advisor saysat 6:49 pm
The collapse of Silicon Valley Bank and the banking crisis provide "a great case study" for clients, advisor says. Here's what investors need to know.
- Bitcoin briefly tops $28,000 for the first time in 9 months after bank crisis sparks weekend rallyat 6:42 pm
Bitcoin climbed over the weekend as some investors turned to digital currencies amid a crisis in the traditional banking sector.
- Trump rape defamation trial postponed, judge rejects E. Jean Carroll cases consolidationat 5:09 pm
Donald Trump has denied raping the writer E. Jean Carroll in a dressing room of a New York department story in the mid-1990s.
- Biotech company Illumina pushes back against Carl Icahn’s proxy fight over $7.1 billion Grail dealat 4:43 pm
Illumina pushed back against Carl Icahn's proxy fight over the Grail deal, saying it's committed to maximizing shareholder value as it works with regulators.
- Big Mac prices are up: Here's how much you'll pay for McDonald's signature sandwich state by stateat 4:07 pm
A recent study shows that price of the fast food chain's flagship Big Mac sandwich is reaching new all-time highs.
- The $17 billion wipeout of Credit Suisse bondholders has not gone down well in Europeat 3:56 pm
Credit Suisse’s additional tier one bonds are set to be wiped out following the struggling bank’s takeover by UBS.
- The Federal Reserve is still expected to go through with a rate hike. What that means for youat 3:34 pm
The Federal Reserve is expected to raise interest rates despite a crisis of confidence in the banking industry. Here's what that means for you.
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman says he's a 'little bit scared' of A.I.at 2:02 pm
OpenAI CEO Sam Altman said he's a "little bit scared" of technology such as OpenAI's ChatGPT, in an interview with ABC News.