- S&P 500, Dow snap losing streaks for best week since November 2020at 8:21 pm
The Dow and S&P jumped to close their best weeks since November 2020.
- Jim Cramer: My take on Apple, Amazon, Facebook and Google after Nvidia's riseat 8:18 pm
What does Nvidia's rally this week mean for the tech's Big Four? Let's discuss case by case.
- Stocks could build on gains in the week ahead as investors await Friday's jobs reportat 8:13 pm
Stocks could carry the latest rally's momentum into next week as investors look ahead to Friday’s jobs report.
- This is what's next for Terra as the failed crypto project attempts a new path forwardat 8:05 pm
Terra backers have just established a new path forward for the crypto project, but the venture still faces an uphill battle.
- A market bottom is an elusive target. These are the moves Merrill advises clients to make nowat 7:13 pm
If inflation peaks and earnings are strong heading toward 2023, it could be enough to boost investor confidence.
- 5 years ago, New York made 4 years of college free for residents. Here’s how it's goingat 6:56 pm
New York's Excelsior Scholarship program covers four years of tuition and yet many students who could qualify don't apply.
- Record high Memorial Day gas prices are stinging consumers and impacting travelat 6:27 pm
Memorial Day marks the start of the summer driving, and already drivers are limiting trips due to record gasoline prices that are expected to go even higher.
- Trump and GOP leaders to speak at NRA event in Houston after Texas school shootingat 6:21 pm
Trump and Sen. Ted Cruz are set to speak at the NRA's annual meeting in Houston, just days after a gunman killed 19 children and two adults in a Texas school.
- Memorial Day weekend car shopping is looking 'pretty bleak.' Here's what to expectat 5:50 pm
Special sales among dealerships are minimal to nonexistent amid low inventory, sending many buyers to used-car lots, where prices remain elevated.
- Glam makeup and dressing up are back – and that's benefiting retailers like Macy's and Ultaat 5:38 pm
As Americans splurge on nicer clothes and makeup to go out again, retailers like Macy's and Ulta are benefiting.
- Mansions in Boca Raton are commanding Miami Beach prices. Here's a look insideat 5:27 pm
Ultra-high-end real estate in Boca Raton, Florida, is on a stratospheric rise, breaking record sale prices every year for five consecutive years.
- Twitter director Egon Durban won't leave the board after shareholders voted to boot himat 5:23 pm
Durban, co-CEO and managing director of private equity firm Silver Lake, was on the board when it approved Twitter's sale to Elon Musk last month.
- Judge dismisses Trump federal lawsuit against New York Attorney General Letitia James over her probe of businessat 5:21 pm
Ex-President Donald Trump and his company are being investigated by New York Attorney General Letitia James over valuations of real estate assets.
- Goldman says signs that inflation is peaking could be positive for stocksat 5:17 pm
Signs that inflation is at least starting to abate from a 40-year high could be a positive for stocks, according to Goldman Sachs.
- The U.S. is wrapped in 'collective grief' from school shootings and the pandemic—and it's rewiring our brains, experts sayat 5:15 pm
After tragedies occur, you might feel an all-too-familiar mix of sadness, anger, shock, frustration and helplessness. It's called "collective grief," experts say.
- Why this is a critical moment for American workers to push for wage gainsat 4:58 pm
Middle-income workers are feeling the squeeze as inflation outpaces wages across the labor market, and more may quit, according to a CNBC|Momentive survey.
- Fraud had 'significant' role in $163 billion leak from pandemic-era unemployment systemat 4:31 pm
Higher benefits and administrative issues made pandemic-era unemployment programs a rich target for criminals, according to a U.S. Department of Labor report.
- Rep. Madison Cawthorn discloses 2021 'Let's Go Brandon' cryptocurrency purchase days after ethics probe announcedat 4:27 pm
Cawthorn bought up to $250,000 worth of "Let's Go Brandon" cryptocurrency a week before suggesting its price would "go to the moon."
- Walgreens, Amazon and Wawa find success with the most-overlooked unemployed workerat 3:57 pm
Neurodiverse adults with conditions including autism, ADHD, dyspraxia, dyslexia are finding jobs at businesses large and small, and are an untapped labor pool.
- As Biden administration leans toward $10,000 in student loan forgiveness, advocates push backat 3:55 pm
Advocates expressed anger and disappointment on Friday in response to news that the Biden administration is leaning toward $10,000 in student loan relief.
- These are the 3 things we listen for in a company's earnings call with investorsat 3:42 pm
Earnings calls are simply one of the best ways for investors to understand what drove a company's financials and where the business goes from here.
- The Fed’s favorite inflation measure rose 4.9% in April in a sign that price increases could be slowingat 3:38 pm
The Fed's preferred inflation gauge rose 4.9% in April from a year ago, a still-elevated level that nonetheless indicated that price pressures could be easing.
- The National Rifle Association's lobbying machine is still potent despite financial woes that reduced its cloutat 3:32 pm
The National Rifle Association still has a bevy of assets that it can use to influence the gun policy debate despite financial and internal turmoil.
- Employer fertility benefits have a dramatic and startling expansion amid the Great Resignation, experts sayat 3:30 pm
More companies are offering fertility coverage as they focus on diversity, equity and inclusion, as well as attracting and retaining talent.
- The Fed will raise interest rates again soon. Make these money moves nowat 2:14 pm
"If your New Year's resolution was to build a household budget, it may need a refresh and a review," said certified financial planner Cathy Schaeffer.
- Tom Cruise sets his sights on his first $100 million domestic opening with 'Top Gun: Maverick'at 1:31 pm
This weekend Tom Cruise has a chance to do something he's never done before — have a film open to more than $100 million at the domestic box office.
- Russian stocks may be 'essentially worthless,' MSCI research suggestsat 12:50 pm
Russian stocks may have "no value" compared to the prices listed on the Moscow Exchange, new research from MSCI has suggested.
- Rep. Joaquin Castro asks FBI to investigate police response timeline in Texas school shooting as controversy growsat 12:04 pm
The police version of what happened during the shooting at the elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, has changed since Tuesday.