- The NRA scaled back conference after Columbine out of sympathy; today, full steam aheadat 8:48 pm
The NRA convention in Houston comes days after a gunman murdered children in Uvalde, several hours away, similar to what unfolded near Columbine.
- 'Wrong decision': Police should have confronted Texas school gunman sooner, official saysat 8:43 pm
The head of the Texas Department of Public Safety said at a press conference that police officers should have entered the school sooner in Uvalde.
- Texas schoolchildren begged for help with officers waiting outside. Be very mad about that.at 8:13 pm
Why and how did a communication breakdown of this deadly proportion happen? How could 19 children get gunned down while officers were right outside?
- Johnny Depp, Amber Heard's libel case is now in jurors' hands. Read the closing argumentsat 7:44 pm
After weeks of intense testimony, the jury in the Johnny Depp, Amber Heard libel trial will hear closing arguments Friday.
- Shop the 70+ best Memorial Day sales—save at The Home Depot, Best Buy, Walmart and moreat 7:35 pm
Memorial Day 2022 sales are officially here. Shop all the best early Memorial Day deals on mattresses, furniture, fashion, tech and more now.
- Biden says Putin trying to 'wipe out' Ukrainian culture; Zelenskyy speaks to Stanford grads: Live updatesat 7:17 pm
Russian forces have made slow but persistent advances as they bombarded and sought to encircle both Lysychansk and Sievierodonetsk.
- Kaley Cuoco dishes on that 'Flight Attendant' finale and 'love of my life' Tom Pelphreyat 6:28 pm
"I heard his voice, and I turned around, and it was like my life was over or just starting," "Flight Attendant" star Kaley Cuoco says of Tom Pelphrey.
- Kourtney Kardashian, Travis Barker gave up sex, exercise for 'Panchakarma cleanse.' What is it?at 6:25 pm
Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker stopped sex, exercise and sugar during their Panchakarma cleanse. Experts explain what it is and if it's safe.
- Survivors, ex-employees say Kanakuk Christian camp 'ministered' to its sexual predatorsat 5:29 pm
Kanakuk leaders have described convicted child molester Pete Newman as a lone predator but he wasn't the first or last abuser connected to the camp.
- Alabama, USC cash in: Winners and losers of college football transfer portalat 4:49 pm
Every school has been impacted in one form or another by the thousands of players who have put their names on the block since the end of last season.
- Man points apparent gun at Chicago news crew during live segment about school shootingat 4:13 pm
Chicago police reported the unidentified man passed behind reporter, flashed what appeared to be a gun toward the cameraman and walked away.
- Southern Baptist Convention leaders publish long-secret list of ministers accused of abuseat 4:13 pm
Southern Baptist Convention officials released a list maintained in secret, one of the first major steps after an explosive report this week.
- Delta is cutting 100 daily flights this summer. Here's what to know if yours if one of them.at 3:50 pm
Delta says the impacted flights will mostly be in the U.S. and Latin America. Passengers will be notified via text or email, the airline said.
- Fact check: Image of transgender woman falsely identified as Texas shooting suspect Salvador Ramosat 3:43 pm
A viral post misidentifies an image of a transgender woman as Salvador Ramos, the Uvalde, Texas, shooting suspect.
- Jeff Bridges recalls being 'pretty close to dying' from COVID while in cancer chemo treatmentat 3:40 pm
Jeff Bridges' battle with COVID-19 while going through chemotherapy for lymphoma left him "pretty close to dying," the actor has revealed.
- In wake of Texas shooting, Greg Abbott points finger at Chicago, using tired GOP clicheat 3:30 pm
In the wake of the Uvalde mass shooting, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said Chicago shows gun control doesn't work. He's wrong, and that line is getting old.
- In this breakneck bulleted world, each shooting can slip from memory. We can't forget.at 3:23 pm
We need to honor the memories, of shooting victims, preserve the stories, and somehow keep the faith that things will not always be this way.
- Packers rookie WR Christian Watson needs to prove next level isn't too big for him | Opinionat 3:13 pm
Christian Watson is going to have to make more contested catches than he did in college, so he must exhibit better ball skills than he has shown.
- San Francisco schools ban 'chief' from occupational titles after Native American concernsat 2:25 pm
The district's leadership team agreed that, given that Native American members of our community have expressed concerns over the use of the title.
- Detroit Lions coach Aaron Glenn wants to know why a teen can buy a gun but not a beer | Opinionat 2:15 pm
You don't need to be a parent to understand what happened in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday. But Detroit Lions DC Aaron Glenn has some important questions.
- Title IX was intended to close the gender gap in college athletics. But schools are rigging the numbers.at 12:16 pm
Universities across the U.S. collectively conjured the illusion of thousands more female athletic opportunities by abusing federal reporting rules.
- 'He's still got hope in him': Ewan McGregor revisits his 'Star Wars' Jedi master in 'Obi-Wan Kenobi'at 10:44 am
Ewan McGregor's back as a Jedi master – but in a different place from George Lucas' prequels – in the 'Star Wars' Disney+ series 'Obi-Wan Kenobi.'
- 'Living the life of a coach': Inside crazy world of college football transfer quarterbacksat 10:37 am
The success of transfer quarterbacks can make or break a college football program. But how do teams get their new signal-callers up to speed?
- 'This didn't feel like a time to ask permission': After Texas school shooting, students walk out for gun law reformat 12:59 am
Students in at least 34 states and Washington, D.C., walked out of their classes Thursday in protest over the Ulvade, Texas, school shooting.
- 'The pain doesn't stop': Grieving husband of slain Texas teacher dies suddenly after visiting wife's memorialat 11:50 pm
Joe Garcia's wife, Irma Garcia, was one of two teachers who — along with 19 children — died Tuesday at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas.
- As a gun owner, here are new laws I support to help stop school shootingsat 8:09 pm
Most of the guys who walk into schools to shoot kids have said or done extremely troubling things leading up to the massacre.
- Who are 'Top Gun: Maverick's new pilots? Meet Rooster, Hangman and the rest of the elite crewat 7:22 am
Who had the right stuff to star in Tom Cruise's "Top Gun: Maverick"? The new class of elite pilots is significantly more diverse and includes a woman.
- Amber Heard, Johnny Depp and who we choose to believeat 2:10 pm
The case between Johnny Depp and Amber Heard shows who gets our empathy, who gets to speak, and what we still don't understand about domestic abuse.