- 'Mama came out victorious': Kelly Clarkson snags 4-chair singer on 'The Voice'at 5:05 am
Kelly Clarkson was determined to nab singer Cait Martin during the fifth round of blind auditions on "The Voice" Monday night.
- China's Xi visits 'friendly neighbor' in Moscow; Russia cites 'monstrous consequences' of Putin arrest warrant: Ukraine updatesat 5:03 am
Chinese leader Xi Jinping 's visit comes as Putin faces pressure from sanctions and from an arrest warrant by the International Criminal Court.
- NCAA women's tournament winners, losers: Miami, Louisville score upsets Monday nightat 4:21 am
While Miami earned its first trip to the women's NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 since 1992, Indiana became the second No. 1 seed to be eliminated.
- Los Angeles schools to close Tuesday as strike goes forward; negotiations at a standstillat 2:20 am
The Los Angeles school system will be closed Tuesday because of a planned strike by tens of thousands of teachers and other school employees.
- Colorado dentist killed wife by poisoning her protein shakes with arsenic and cyanide, police sayat 1:57 am
James Toliver Craig, 45, was arrested on suspicion of first-degree murder in a "complex and calculated" poisoning of his wife, police said Sunday.
- Biden issues first veto as president, blocks measure by Congress on 'woke' investmentat 12:41 am
President Joe Biden issued his first veto on a block on a climate investing rule. A two-thirds majority of Congress could override Biden's veto.
- 'We are not involved.' DeSantis says he's steering clear of Trump, Stormy Daniels 'circus'at 11:20 pm
Trump allies have expressed frustration that DeSantis isn't being more forceful in defending the former president ahead of a potential indictment.
- Idaho lawmakers approve bill that could allow firing squad executionsat 10:56 pm
Idaho is close to being fifth U.S. state to adopt executions by firing squad. It will only be used if the state can't get drugs for lethal injections.
- St. Francis College (N.Y.) announces elimination of entire Division I athletic programat 10:04 pm
The St. Francis Terriers had the oldest college men's basketball program in New York City after it fielded its first team in 1896.
- 677 inches of snow: California breaks a 40-year snowfall record as more of the state eclipses the 50-feet markat 9:31 pm
California is having an impressive snow season as more of the state eclipses the 50-feet mark
- 'Crisis of thefts': 23 attorneys general demand Kia, Hyundai take actionat 8:59 pm
Nearly two dozen attorneys general penned a letter to Kia and Hyundai urging the carmakers to take action against the "crisis of thefts" in the U.S.
- Rick Pitino to join St. John's on six-year deal as new men's basketball head coachat 7:43 pm
The 70-year-old basketball coach spent the past three seasons at Iona, winning back-to-back MAAC coach of the year awards.
- Is Donald Trump being arrested? Here are the possible charges in the New York investigationat 6:40 pm
The New York investigation of Donald Trump has lasted years, but the hush money payment to a porn actress is the focus of potential charges.
- Trump lawyers seek to quash Atlanta grand jury report, recuse DA's office from inquiryat 6:31 pm
The filing comes as former president Trump battles criminal investigations on multiple fronts, including a Manhattan district attorney's probe.
- Julianne Hough to replace Tyra Banks as host on 'Dancing with the Stars'at 5:49 pm
Julianne Hough will replace Tyra Banks as host for Season 32 of ballroom dancing competition show "Dancing with the Stars."
- 'Humanity is on thin ice:' Major UN report says 'urgent' action is needed to combat climate changeat 5:49 pm
Reports by the United Nations' IPCC are considered the planet's most authoritative assessments of the state of global warming.
- The orgasm gap is real for women, studies show. But it can be fixed.at 5:45 pm
When it comes to sex, the orgasm gap between men and women in heterosexual relationships is real. But it's possible to fix it.
- Amazon layoffs continue: Tech giant to cut another 9,000 jobs, CEO Jassy saysat 5:41 pm
Amazon will be eliminating roles in its cloud computing unit, human resources division, advertising and Twitch, CEO Andy Jassy said Monday.
- Updated daily: Here are the 10 best Amazon deals you can get on Apple, Vitamix and Wholesunat 2:59 pm
Amazon deals feature everything from powerful home appliances to popular Apple earbuds, all for budget-friendly prices.
- Road rage shootings are increasing. There were more than 500 last year, report finds.at 2:50 pm
In 2022, someone was fatally shot or injured in a road rage incident on average every 16 hours, according to a new report Monday.
- Which Los Angeles neighborhoods are safest? See the latest trends in the LA crime ratesat 2:25 pm
Is LA crime rising? Where are theft reports highest? Check the trends if you live in the city or plan to visit.
- Gwyneth Paltrow to go to trial 7 years after Utah ski slopes crashat 1:12 pm
Gwyneth Paltrow was sued for allegedly crashing into a fellow skier in Park City, Utah, in 2016. She countersued, accusing the plaintiff of the crash.
- Sargassum, a smelly seaweed, may be coming soon to a Gulf beach near you. Here's what to know.at 10:55 am
The Great Atlantic Sargassum Belt, rafts of brown seaweed drifting across the Atlantic, is projected to hit beaches earlier than ever this year
- Murder or mistake? Families seek answers 7 years after truck plunged into Florida lakeat 10:05 am
Nearly seven years after two people were found dead in a pickup truck submerged in a lake, their families are pushing to have the case reopened.
- My son needs insulin to survive. Plans to lower drug costs are welcome, but not enough.at 8:00 am
Without a federal bill that caps insulin prices for everyone, there is no guarantee that all companies will continue to choose people over profits.
- Ford, Honda vehicles among 1.9 million cars under recall: Check recalls hereat 7:00 am
Ford issued several recalls for its vehicles, including 1.28 million Fusion and MKZ models. Honda also recalled some of its models.
- Vitamin C 🍊at 5:41 am
Why it's important
- The CD turns 40: Inside the meteoric rise and fall of the shiny disc that changed musicat 3:46 pm
CDs debuted in the U.S. in March 1983, followed by a massive rise in popularity, then a fall. As vinyl rebounds, do discs have a comeback left too?