- Brad William Henke, 'Orange Is the New Black,' 'Dexter' actor, dies at 56at 6:07 pm
Brad William Henke had recurring roles in "The Stand," "Manhunt, "Sneaky Pete," "Justified," "Lost," "October Road" and "Dexter."
- Children of color are less likely to undergo elective surgery. What does this mean?at 6:04 pm
The research shows children of color could be suffering amid delays in important surgical interventions, experts say.
- Producer Bizness Boi went from being homeless to making hits for Rihanna, Lil Baby and Lil Nas Xat 6:03 pm
The Los Angeles-based producer has amassed major credits with Lil Nas X, Lil Baby and more, cracking the top 10 on the Hot 100.
- USMNT coach: 'Looks pretty good' for Christian Pulisic to play vs. Netherlands at World Cupat 6:01 pm
Expect star Christian Pulisic to be with the U.S. men when they take on the Netherlands in the round of 16 on Saturday at the World Cup.
- Children's clothing sold at TJ Maxx and Amazon recalled for lead paint poisoning riskat 6:01 pm
Children's clothing sets containing a lead poisoning hazard were recalled. The Disney-themed sets were sold at TJ Maxx, Ross, Amazon and other stores.
- November jobs report: Unemployment rate held steady at 3.7% with 263,000 jobs addedat 5:53 pm
The most recent jobs report showed that payrolls stayed strong at 263,000. Unemployment held at 3.7%, according to the Labor Department.
- Democratic primary updates: Biden's suggestion shifts DNC focus to Black voters in the Southat 5:24 pm
A panel of the Democratic National Committee is expected to decide by Saturday which states go first in the presidential nomination process.
- Elon Musk suspends Ye's Twitter: 'He again violated our rule against incitement to violence'at 5:09 pm
Ye is once again suspended from Twitter after he tweeted more antisemitic posts and made antisemitic comments during an interview with Alex Jones.
- Rail strike averted: Biden signs measure preventing shutdown of U.S. freight systemat 4:34 pm
The agreement includes a 24% pay increase over five years and $5,000 bonuses but only one paid sick day off. Unions wanted six additional days.
- US gas prices plunge as Americans get much-needed relief at the pump ahead of the holidaysat 4:24 pm
Americans are paying less for gas than they did before Russia invaded Ukraine in February as demand for gas slows around the world.
- Christmas decorations, a state dinner: Glitz makes a triumphant return to the White Houseat 3:24 pm
President Biden's first state dinner and holiday parties are a return to normalcy after COVID restricted glitzy social gatherings at the White House.
- A Kroger worker killed himself. Now his family is suing, testing the 'Suicide Rule'at 2:33 pm
Seyfried, 40, was a dairy manager at a Kroger store in suburban Cincinnati. His father is suing Kroger, accusing managers of driving him to suicide.
- Jessica Chastain, Michael Shannon reveal 'George & Tammy' tragic love: 'Romeo and Juliet story'at 1:10 pm
Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain sang their hearts in "George & Tammy," the painful love story of country legends George Jones and Tammy Wynette.
- Report card time: Letter grades for every first-year college football coachat 12:06 pm
The end of the regular season means it's report card time for college football coaches in the first year of their program. Here are the grades:
- What it was like to watch Oath Keeper Stewart Rhodes be convicted for seditious conspiracyat 11:01 am
Also: Trump had dinner with Nick Fuentes? It's the week in extremism, from USA TODAY.
- What we wish we knew before our sons got caught in the 'tripledemic' hitting hospital careat 10:00 am
Our sons' illnesses thrust us into the epicenter of the COVID-19, flu and RSV 'tripledemic' swamping hospitals. Prepare before your children get sick.
- I helped clear unexploded bombs in my birthplace to save the next generationat 9:00 am
America's secret war sent my family fleeing Laos four decades ago. Now, I've just returned to my birthplace to help clear the unexploded ordnance.
- Buffalo Bills have dominant performance vs. New England Patriots. Winners and losers from TNF.at 6:11 am
The Buffalo Bills dominated the New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium on Thursday night. Here are the winners and losers from the AFC East tilt.
- As Mauna Loa erupts, lava flows toward a key Hawaii road. Can authorities stop it?at 2:10 am
History provides few successful examples of lava diversions. In Hawaii, authorities tend to defer to the volcano goddess Pele.
- What happened this week?at 1:18 am
Take our quiz 📝
- Florida, DeSantis yank billions in investments from 'woke' BlackRock over ESG investingat 12:56 am
Florida is yanking $2 billion worth of state assets managed by BlackRock, escalating the GOP standoff with the world's largest money manager over ESG.
- Maker of TGI Fridays 'Mozzarella Sticks' sued for containing no mozzarella, just cheddarat 12:18 am
A judge dismissed the case against TGI Fridays, but ruled it could proceed against snack's manufacturer, Inventure Foods.
- Good for the planet, great for racing: Electric vehicles go 'Nitro-fied' in new eventat 8:19 pm
Electric race cars are so quiet, spectators might miss the start of the heat. But backers hope the clean-running will make noise in the sport.
- House Jan. 6 committee members to meet Friday on potential criminal recommendations to DOJat 5:45 pm
Members of the House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack plan to meet Friday to discuss potential criminal recommendations.
- From Mona Lisa to The Scream: Climate activists protest by defacing artat 4:48 pm
Celebrated works by da Vinci, Monet, van Gogh, Warhol and others are defaced as protesters ask, 'What is worth more, art or life?'
- The ultimate gift guide for 2022at 3:30 pm
Not sure what to gift this year? We've got you covered with the perfect gift ideas for everyone on your list this year, no matter the budget.
- Many nursing homes are poorly staffed. How do they get away with it?at 3:30 pm
President Biden has promised tougher standards, but USA TODAY found the government rarely enforces existing guidelines.
- Tigray confictat 5:09 am
The world's largest war