- A leopard grabbed her son so this mother chased the animal down until it let the boy go.at 9:10 pm
A mother in India chased down a leopard that grabbed her son out of the family's hut, forcing the animal to drop the child with 'minor' injuries.
- Big 12 championship: Baylor upsets Oklahoma State, ends Cowboys' shot at playoffat 8:58 pm
The Bears avenge an earlier loss and deny the Cowboys their first Big 12 title in a decade.
- Leaders say 'no need to panic' as omicron confirmed in more states; Connecticut passes grim COVID death milestone: updatesat 8:27 pm
Health experts agree there's no reason to change measures proven to combat COVID-19, including masks and vaccinations. Latest COVID updates.
- Thousands gather to mourn Michigan school shooting victims; parents of suspect in court: What we knowat 7:19 pm
Thousands gathered at a Friday night vigil to honor the students who were killed in the shooting. What we know about the Oxford High School shooting.
- Travel restrictions are changing: What to know if you're going to Hawaii, Mexico, overseasat 4:14 pm
Here's what to know about flying to Hawaii and Mexico, plus things to consider about traveling internationally amid the omicron variant outbreak.
- Shop Sur La Table's holiday sale and snag a top-rated Dutch oven for 74% offat 3:58 pm
If you're in the market for some new cast iron cookware, you can score a best-selling cocotte for as much as $286 off right now at Sur La Table.
- Border Patrol agents rarely removed or terminated for wrongdoing, according to internal reportat 1:03 pm
A new federal report reveals Border Patrol agents rarely get harsh discipline for misconduct. More than 200 agents were arrested last year.
- 'A matter of fundamental fairness': Same-sex couples could get tax break under Build Back Better planat 12:01 pm
Supporters say proposed change in federal tax law would correct an injustice and give married gay couples same benefits as heterosexuals.
- Sending holiday cards? Here's what USPS, Shutterfly and an etiquette expert want you to knowat 11:01 am
How do you address Christmas cards? Is it Miss, Ms. or Mrs.? Is it Happy New Year or Happy New Year's? All of your holiday card questions answered.
- Paleologos: City polls show Black, white Americans divide in views on being treated differently due to raceat 11:01 am
Across all 5 surveyed cities in our CityView polls, Black respondents were more likely than other races to rate their cities lower.
- An early glimpse of omicron's threat: High transmission likely, but vaccines provide hopeat 10:00 am
Many experts believe vaccines will likely continue protecting against severe disease, but the mutated variant may prove highly infectious.
- Warriors bounce back to end Suns' franchise-record win streak at 18at 6:28 am
The Suns' historic run is finally over after Steph Curry and the Warriors pulled away for a 118-96 win back home in San Francisco.
- Oregon routed by Utah in Pac-12 championship, but was it Mario Cristobal's last game as coach?at 6:14 am
Hours before Oregon took the field for the Pac-12 title game, Mario Cristobal was reported to be close on a deal to become Miami's next coach.
- What to watch this weekend: Netflix's 'The Power of the Dog,' holiday rom-com 'Single All the Way'at 3:05 am
New films streaming, in theaters this weekend: Benedict Cumberbatch is a cowboy in 'The Power of the Dog,' Keira Knightley stars in 'Silent Night.'
- 'It was wonderful': Rita Moreno revenge-dated Elvis Presley to get back at Marlon Brandoat 11:59 pm
Rita Moreno said she went out with rock and roll icon Elvis Presley to get back at then-boyfriend, Marlon Brando, who was cheating on her at the time.
- Plumber finds stash of envelopes with cash, checks at Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church in Houstonat 10:48 pm
A plumber doing work at Pastor Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas discovered hundreds of envelopes of checks and cash hidden in a wall.
- Raiders broadcaster Brent Musburger: Jon Gruden email leak was a 'professional hit job'at 9:54 pm
Brent Musburger has a theory about the email controversy that led to the resignation of ex-Raiders coach Jon Gruden: It was a "hit job."
- New York man arrested after allegedly stealing a school bus, crashing into carsat 8:45 pm
A man was arrested in Brooklyn on Thursday after he police said he stole a school bus, hit multiple vehicles and a building and fled officers.
- Michigan school shooting is 'so egregious,' the suspect's parents are charged. That's rare, experts say.at 8:17 pm
The parents of the alleged gunman in the Oxford High School shooting were charged Friday. Prosecuting parents in other cases is rare.
- Did you get denied a refund when your flight was canceled? See which airlines got the most complaints.at 8:14 pm
When the pandemic first started, airlines received a $50 billion bailout from the U.S. government. Yet airlines are receiving record complaints
- What makes Spotify's Wrapped such a popular end-of-year tradition? FOMOat 7:20 pm
Embarrassed about how many hours you spent listening to the Counting Crows? Why experts say that won't stop you from sharing Spotify's Wrapped.
- Portland Trail Blazers fire GM Neil Olshey after independent investigation into workplace cultureat 6:22 pm
Assistant GM Joe Cronin was promoted to interim GM, and the Portland Trail Blazers said they will conduct a search for a permanent replacement.
- Hawaii under blizzard warning as 12 inches of snow and winds up to 100 mph expectedat 6:12 pm
From Friday until Sunday, the Big Island of Hawaii is under a blizzard warning. A foot of snow and winds up to 100 mph are expected.
- Test your knowledge 📝at 12:41 am
Take our news quiz
- Excess fertilizer washed from Midwestern fields is slowly poisoning the Gulf of Mexicoat 12:24 am
As rainfall events become more intense and frequent, fertilizers applied to Midwestern farmland washes away, contaminating waterways near and far.
- Biden wants insurers to pay for at-home COVID tests. How would that work? Will it matter?at 10:47 pm
Here's what we know about President Joe Biden's plan to require private insurers cover at-home coronavirus tests.
- Join us on Dec. 14at 9:08 pm
Register for this free USA TODAY event discussing the ongoing fight for freedom and equality in America.
- Downpourat 6:41 pm
Rainfall in America