- Europe agrees to cap the price of Russian oil at $60 a barrelat 6:53 pm
The European Union has reached a consensus on the price at which to cap Russian oil just days before its ban on most imports comes into force.
- Christian Pulisic cleared to play for USMNT on Saturday in round of 16 clash against the Netherlandsat 6:31 pm
US Men's National Team head coach Gregg Berhalter had good news for fans on Friday, saying that star player Christian Pulisic is looking likely to play in the team's round of 16 […]
- Opinion: 'Drink Schlitz or I'll kill you' ad campaign is suddenly relevant againat 6:26 pm
Bill Carter writes that like the beer Schlitz, Twitter is undergoing a divisive public upheaval that has left many of its users contemplating abandoning the brand.
- China's Xi acknowledges Covid frustration caused protests and hints at relaxing rules, EU official saysat 6:25 pm
Chinese President Xi Jinping has acknowledged the frustration within China amid his government's unrelenting zero-Covid strategy, a European Union official told CNN, in his first […]
- Why are South Korea star Son Heung-min and others wearing masks at the World Cup?at 6:21 pm
Is it Batman? Is it Superman? No, it's Son Heung-min flying down the wing for South Korea.
- US Navy sends a message to adversaries with a rare submarine port visit in Indian Oceanat 6:20 pm
The US military wants its adversaries, as well as allies, to know that, for the first time, a US Navy nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine docked at the remote island of […]
- World Cup news and highlightsat 6:16 pm
In the final day of group matches, Portugal vs South Korea advanced to the knockout round, while Serbia plays Switzerland and Cameroon takes on Brazil in Group G later today. […]
- With Hakeem Jeffries' rise, his members see 'Democrats in total array'at 6:07 pm
Hakeem Jeffries pulled off a quiet revolution on Wednesday, becoming the first leader of the House Democrats to be born after the end of World War II and the first Black leader in […]
- The incredible true story of the time an astronaut played golf on the moonat 6:04 pm
Pictures of Apollo 14 astronaut Alan Shepard playing golf on the moon have wowed viewers for decades, yet for almost half a century, nobody knew how far his famous second shot […]
- Hawaii's spectacular flow of lava inspires a mix of wonder and worryat 6:00 pm
As the world's largest active volcano oozes molten rock here on the Big Island, a blend of concern and awe has emerged among visitors.
- Uruguay beats Ghana in grudge rematch but is eliminated from World Cup after South Korea shocks Portugalat 5:53 pm
Uruguay handed Ghana an unwanted dose of déjà vu on Friday, winning 2-0 and knocking the Black Stars out of the World Cup more than 12 years after their epic quarterfinal match […]
- Former Trump White House counsel and his deputy enter DC federal courthouseat 5:48 pm
Former Trump White House counsel Pat Cipollone was seen entering the grand jury area at the US District Courthouse in Washington Friday morning, indicating the Justice Department […]
- Feds find four Chinese solar panel companies have been evading US tariffsat 5:47 pm
After a months-long investigation, US officials have preliminarily determined that four Chinese solar panel companies have been avoiding US tariff laws by routing their operations […]
- Suspect in 2017 killing of two Indiana teen girls 'has nothing to hide,' attorneys sayat 5:37 pm
Attorneys for the suspect in the 2017 killing of two teenage girls in Delphi, Indiana, said in a statement Friday that their client "has nothing to hide. "
- Back-to-back winter storms bring heavy snow, critical fire conditions and even a possible haboob to the Westat 5:34 pm
Two winter storms in less than a week will bring more than a foot of snow to the mountains, wind gusts of over 70 mph leading to the possibility of a wall of dust and the high […]
- Look of the Week: Willow Smith makes strong case for ultra-low-rise pantsat 5:18 pm
With a black, wavy asymmetrical bob, bleached eyebrows and smokey eyeshadow, Smith embodied an elegant take on 1990s alt style
- Cruise ship passenger rescued from ocean isn't sure how he went overboard, he tells ABCat 5:15 pm
An Alabama man who rescuers pulled from the Gulf of Mexico hours after he was reported missing from a cruise ship doesn't know how he wound up in the water, he told ABC.
- US economy added a robust 263,000 jobs in Novemberat 5:13 pm
The US economy added 263,000 jobs in November, defying aggressive action from the Federal Reserve to cool the economy and bring down decades-high inflation.
- Saudi Arabia plans one of the world's biggest airportsat 5:11 pm
The planned King Salman International Airport outside Riyadh, which will be designed by Foster + Partners, will be one of the world's biggest airports with no fewer than six […]
- Pain relief from marijuana comes from a belief it helps, study findsat 5:08 pm
Some people suffering pain from cancer and other chronic diseases turn to marijuana to ease their suffering, but much of that relief may come from simply believing weed will help, […]
- Hate speech dramatically surges on Twitter following Elon Musk takeover, new research showsat 5:04 pm
New Twitter owner Elon Musk declared last month that "hate speech impressions" had dramatically fallen on the platform since he took over.
- Paul Whelan calls home from Russia after more than a week without contactat 5:01 pm
Paul Whelan, an American detained in Russia, was able to call home Friday after more than a week without contact with his family, his brother David said.
- Did the ball cross the line? Japan reaches World Cup knockout stages with hotly debated goalat 5:01 pm
Japan reached the World Cup knockout stages for the fourth time on Thursday -- by what appeared to be a matter of millimeters.
- Biden administration considering migrant proposal mirroring Trump-era policyat 4:59 pm
The Biden administration is seriously considering an asylum proposal that would bar migrants from seeking asylum at the US-Mexico border if they could have received refuge in […]
- Biden signs legislation to avert rail shutdownat 4:34 pm
President Joe Biden on Friday signed legislation to avert a rail shutdown after congressional lawmakers raced to pass the measure amid concerns over the economic danger posed by a […]
- Alex Jones has filed for personal bankruptcyat 4:25 pm
Right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones filed for personal Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in a Texas court on Friday, according to court documents.
- Ukraine claims some Russian units are withdrawing from Zaporizhzhiaat 4:20 pm
Some Russian troops are withdrawing from their positions in Ukraine's southern region of Zaporizhzhia, according to Kyiv.
- Trump expresses support for Capitol rioters as he continues to embrace extremist groupsat 4:20 pm
Former President Donald Trump expressed support for the rioters behind the deadly January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol in a video played during a fundraiser Thursday that was […]